Monday, October 22, 2007

OOPSLA 07, Montreal - First Impressions

So, I'm at OOPSLA and I'll be blogging about it. I'm talking on Thursday, so I can't relax until the end, but hey, should still be fun.

Montreal is beautiful at the moment, all the trees are gold, red and green, really stunning stuff. I've seen a few parks and wondered around the city, and its all very nice. Not much in the way of history though, the old town is only old relatively. In fact the whole place feels slightly soulless, but still a nice town.

The conference venue is pretty impressive, very posh and huge - a real difference from the usual academic conference in a university! Also there are a lot of people and a lot of stuff going on, it certainly feels like a pretty unique kind of conference (at least compared to what I'm used to).

Anyway, the next posts will deal with the interesting stuff - the talks...

No comments: