Friday, October 26, 2007

OOPSLA Day 4

The last day at OOPSLA had the session on ownership types, which was great. It also had my talk (paper and slides available here) which went well and I got some excellent feedback. I was also a bit more relaxed once it was out of the way! The talks that I founf interesting today were:

Ownership Transfer in Universe Types Seemed to take a lot from the ideas of external uniqueness and ownership domains, also doesn't seem to work with concurrency. But, the ideas are very interesting and I'm really motivated to read the paper.

Lost in Translation: Formalising Proposed Extensions to C# Dealt manly with LINQ (again), and had a lot of formal stuff in the talk, which is normally a bad sign, but it was pretty easy to follow and the formalism looks interesting

The Java Module System: Core Design and Semantic Definition Was a good talk, all about formalising the proposed Java Module system. Its kind of interesting seeing how it will all work and the work has obviously been well thought through. The size of the formalism is staggering!


And that was the end of OOPSLA, well actually I had quite a few very interesting conversations along the way, especially oni the last day it seems. Had an ice cream and went home, well back to my hotel anyway. All in all it was a great conference, and I look forward to coming back, insha'allah.

2 comments:

periyannan said...

This is a great post. I like this topic.This site has lots of advantage.I found many interesting things from this site. It helps me in many ways.Thanks for posting.
evs full form
raw agent full form
full form of tbh in instagram
dbs bank full form
https full form
tft full form
pco full form
kra full form in hr
tbh full form in instagram story
epc full form

Al Eizba said...

Thanks for posting a valuable and informative blog. Further, watch this man made Khorfakkan Waterfall in Dubai.